An HVAC system is a year-round asset. Not only does it regulate airflow, it purifies it, making the room conducive to breathing in healthy air. However, without the proper air conditioner maintenance, your unit could be putting you in danger. At On Time Home Services, we are the authority on air conditioning and heating maintenance.
Reasons for Regular Maintenance
Maintenance includes air conditioner safety inspection. When our specially trained technicians conduct routine checks, they also enforce safety measures. Failure to do so could result in a malfunctioning system.
Our regular checks include:
- Removing dirt and debris buildup
- Cleaning or changing the air filter
- Adjusting the refrigerant and other operation levels
- Checking the compressor and tubing for damages
- Inspecting and lubricating the fan blades
The Dangers of Poorly Maintained Air Conditioners
The dangers of a poorly maintained unit extend beyond poor indoor air quality. Therefore, air conditioner maintenance is crucial for several reasons.
- It can guard against heat exhaustion. This condition can result in fainting, heat strokes, and death. In regions where temperatures get excessively high during the summer, a functioning unit is crucial. People who fail to maintain their units regularly often find that summer is the time when the units break down most. Usually, it’s because the parts are being overworked after being underserviced.
- Refrigerants can pose health hazards. Because refrigerants can pose health risks, the governing authority Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), puts special emphasis on air conditioner safety inspection. To ensure that your HVAC refrigerant meets government standards, our air conditioning company in Temecula is equipped to conduct an assessment.
- It protects against Legionnaire’s Disease. It is caused by the legionella bacteria that breed in water systems and moist air. At least 15% of fatality cases have been reported due to this disease.
To ensure your HVAC unit will protect against heat exhaustion and disease-causing bacteria, call our reliable and dependable air conditioning company in Temecula at (949) 649-8777.