During the summer months, people seek the comfort and relief of the cool air provided by a home’s air conditioner. Additionally, when a homeowner is trying to sell a house, prospective buyers want to be assured that they will be comfortable in the house no matter what the outdoor weather is like. That’s why, no matter when you do it, installing a new air conditioner increases your home’s value and makes it more appealing to buyers if and when you place it on the market to sell.
What Air Conditioners Do
An air conditioner uses a chemical refrigerant that cycles through the compressor, condenser, and evaporator. This fluid is a mixture of liquid and gas.
- In the compressor, the working fluid becomes heated and pressurized and enters the condenser.
- In the condenser, the gas becomes a high-pressure liquid. This causes the refrigerant to become very cold.
- The refrigerant then cycles into the evaporator unit located indoors.
- The liquid becomes a gas and flows through the coils, causing them to become cold.
- The air handler blows air over the cold coils, chilling the air and condensing out humidity.
- The cooled air is then blown through the air ducts into your home’s living spaces.
Energy Efficiency of New Systems
Today’s air conditioners offer high levels of energy efficiency. When arranging an air conditioner installation in your home, choosing an Energy Star-rated system or a system with a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) of at least 14 will make your home more energy-efficient and appealing to buyers.
New air conditioning systems can also result in monthly electricity bill savings of up to 30%. Over the course of a year, this could be hundreds or even thousands of dollars, depending on your home’s size and energy output.
Additionally, replacing an old inefficient unit with a newer, highly efficient system could result in a much higher sale price on your home when it comes time to sell. Buyers appreciate knowing that the cooling system in the home they’re considering buying is reliable and efficient.
Upgrade Your System Today
Our Temecula air conditioning company offers accurate and affordable maintenance, air conditioner repair, and installation. Call our team at On Time Home Services Heating & Air Conditioning of Temecula today at 949-478-0909.